Engineering Society of University of Malaya and Institution of Engineers Malaysia, Graduate and Student Section (IEM G&S) jointly organised ‘The Charity Fair 2006’ in University of Malaya on 16th and 17th January 2006. There are 9 charity organizations with 50 disabled people and homeless senior citizens, 60 student volunteers took part in this event. This event is open for public.
Charity Organisations Participated in this Charity Fair :
1. Pusat Penjagaan Kanak-Kanak Cacat Taman Megah
2. Spastic Children's Association of Selangor and Federal Territory
3. Malaysian Care
4. Beautiful Gate Disabled People Association
5. Shuang Fu Disabled Independent Living Association
6. Damai Disabled Persons Association of Selangor and federal Territory
7. Pertubuhan Orang Cacat Penglihatan Malaysia
8. Persatuan Orang Pekak Kuala Lumpur
9. Rumah Victory Elderly Home
The are few exciting programmes line-up during the event..
Charity Bazaar (raise funds)
Exhibition (raise awareness)
Games (experience lifestyle of disabled people)
G&S members attended this event:
1. Sdr.Ho Wee Leong
2. Sdr. Wong Chee Fui
3. Sdr. Lim Terk Yiang
Thanks to all the student volunteers for their help during this event.
23rd January 2006