Blogged by Mei Ping
“Property Purchase 101”
(organised by Graduate & Student Section, IEM
in collaboration with National Young Lawyers Committee (NYLC))
29th June 2007 (Friday)
Venue: IEM Conference Hall, 2nd Floor
Speaker : Lim Cze Mien
Occupation : Senior Associate, Chooi & Company, Advocates & Solicitors
Qualifications : LLB (Monash), Admitted to the Malaysian Bar in 1999
The talk covered the following areas :
1) Do I need a lawyer and how much will it cost?
2) What is the difference? Apartments vs. landed property.
3) What can I do if the property development is abandoned?
4) What should I look out for in Sale & Purchase Agreements?
5) How is it different with the proposed introduction of the ‘Build & Sell’ concept by the Government?
6) What are the legal implications on Engineers with the proposed change from local authorities' issuance of CFO to Project Architects & Consultants' issuance of CCC?